Monday, December 27, 2010

The first post in a long time, and the last one for the year!

Well I've been awfully busy! I got asked to make a few things for some friends! A few hats and a few amigurumi, so that helped keep me very busy! But all of it is done and I won't be taking any projects for others on for a little bit. I have a hat and mittens I need to make my oldest and I have a cowl on the needles for my self!

In other news, we had a really good Christmas here and a really good year all together! The kids got plenty of new toys and we'll be going through all their old toys to get rid of all the broken toys and ones that are missing pieces and the ones they no longer play with. They got me a big box of yarn! And we got Steve a new toolbox. My dad was very generous this year and got us a PS Move and I love it!

I got a lot of my goals accomplished.
1. Riley is fully potty trained and has been for about 6 or 7 months now.
2. Jim is totally not interested in potty training and we need to get him talking as well.
3. Riley can't really figure out how to trace the letters and such but we're trying.
4. The house is fairly clean except for Steve and I's room.
5. We follow a routine all day and don't tend to stray from it.
6. The knit myself something didn't work out so well... But I crocheted myself a headband!
7. I got rid of all the old clothes except a few things I'll be giving my niece.
8. Organizing the bedroom didn't work but I do know where everything is... most of the time.
9. We got a PS move instead of a Wii but I think I like our move better and all the rest were received as gifts.
10. We got rid of ALOT of stuff but still have some stuff we don't use alot...
11. Jim completely feeds himself.
12. I'm sewing alot more.
13. Never got around to that lap blanket.
14. Didn't get new glasses.
15. Packed up all the scrapbooking supplies and haven't drug them all back out.
16. See above.
17. Haven't had any patience with the computers so haven't fixed it yet.
18. The desk looks better than it did last year...
19. The kids decided they wanted to use their nick jr. backpacks instead.
20. Did not make dish soap.
21. I've lost a bit of weight and am not quite as squishy as I was.
22. Riley can read bits and pieces but I don't think she realizes it.
23. We fixed the glider but have not reupholstered it. When we do we'll most likely give it to Steve's parents.
24. Made a cabled headband.
25. Read most of them but not all.
26. I have all my knitting stuff in between two totes in the bedroom and in a couple boxes next to the couch in the living room.
27. I dunno if we had a date night every month or not but probably not.
28. Steve got laid off and our savings went down the tube. We have the bills caught up and now that Christmas is over we can start saving up again.
29. I have my first sock almost done, I have turned the heel and just have the ankle and ribbing left.
30. I did not get back into theatre:(

So Yeah. Looking forward to another busy year and hopefully a new job coming soon... But more on that if it actually works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment