Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crazy Days

We've been very busy. I cast on a lace shawl(twice). We've all been worn down lately. Riley had yet another ear infection...ugh.

Our weekend was jam packed. Saturday we had two birthday parties. The first was for my younger cousin and the second was for one of Riley's friends. By the time we got home we were beat and the kids pretty much just passed out. Sunday Steve went paintballing for the first time in ages. I stayed at home with the kids who were much more cranky and clingy than normal. We went to dinner that night as a family and it went well but towards the end Riley was complaining of an ear ache. She laid down in my lap the rest of the meal and when we got home the kids went right out again.

The action didn't sop at the weekend either. Monday we headed right up to my dad's house and visited with him a few hours. Both of the kids think he's a riot. Then we headed down the street to my mom's and had dinner with her and my stepdad. On the way home I was able to con Steve into stopping at JoAnn's because I had coupons! I ended up getting some cotton yarn for dishcloths, a few long darning needles, and the final bits of items for my quilting project, oh and an exacto knife and mat on clearance for $3! The kids of course fell asleep no problem again.

Today we went to see Steve's parents so I am not able to do a Touring Tuesday but will be back with one tomorrow hopefully. Or maybe later tonight, I was going to do the bathroom so it should be quick but I am beat.

We also found out that my cousin(as well as one of my closest friends) is having a little girl!!!!!!!! She just entered her 16th week of pregnancy and had a hard time getting pregnant let alone getting this far in a pregnancy so please send her good thoughts. She has diabetes and has had it since were kids and its been interfering with her becoming pregnant and is now making her fairly sick. She has an insulin pump and that is helping quite a bit from what I understand.

I said before I cast on my first lace shawl and it is going great. I really enjoy it. My good friend Ashley is knitting it with me and she works bit faster so I'm trying to catch up. One advantage to me being slower though is that I'm much more meticulous about my stitches and she has needed me to comb through and figure out what she did. It makes me feel kind of good though since she's been knitting a slightly longer amount of time than I have.

For my final update and the thing I am most proud of:

Riley pooed in the big potty!
Although I ended up having to change her pull up 5 minutes later anyway because she got up a bit too soon.

That is all for now. Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment