Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Book List And Lots of new stuff!!!(kind of picture heavy)

This week has been very busy! It's only Tuesday and it feels like it should be Friday! It all started Sunday night...

We put the kids down like normal and then went to work on the kitchen! The kitchen got cleaned top to bottom in 3 hours. I was down on the floor scrubbing with a brush! I cleaned and organize all the counter tops, cleaned and treated our wood kitchen table. We also switched the table around to open things up a bit differently as well. My neighbor, Sadie, began a touring Tuesday today and started with her kitchen. I was supposed to start today as well but it totally slipped my mind so we will be starting next week!

I got TONS of stuff in the post yesterday! First I will show you the book I have been waiting for for an entire month... Very irritably I might add.


Then I got my Knitpicks order. I was kind of disappointed it didn't come in a white box like I've seen around the net but eh well. I got 2 hanks of lace weight,






















A skein of sock yarn,


and two balls of fingering weight,


And MY NEW KNITPICKS OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please note that with the needle tips I also got cords which are underneath the tips in the picture. And as you can see I have already begun using them. I could barely get them out of the box before I was using them!

The last thing that came in the post yesterday( well actually it came first via ups but I'm sharing it last because it excites me most!) was my new FREE phone! I had waited two years, much to my husband's amusement and my annoyance, to get the full $150 rebate towards a phone from Sprint and finally qualified and I actually found a phone that I could get free with my rebate that I actually wanted! And Here it is:


It is the LG Rumor2 in orange! I love it! If you're not familiar with it, it slides out to(in this picture) the left to reveal a full qwerty keyboard! I love it and the qwerty keyboard is so nice and much easier than fiddling with hitting the numbers a million times or the phone not letting me enter a word because the phone itself doesn't know the word! So excited! I almost immediately went on facebook and twitter and added a bunch more text updates for them to send to my phone( I have unlimited text) just so I can use the keyboard! I'm lame I know!

I got one other thing yesterday but this was from Sadie rather than the mail. She apparently can't read a pattern to save her life so she gave me a book she bought on the cheap full of kiddie knits!



As my knitting needle and yarn collection grows so does my knitting book collection! And I'm not done yet!

My hubby took me out tonight and spoiled me a bit! We went to the mall because I had a coupon for Borders(join the rewards program they send you coupons CONSTANTLY!) and I had a book(knitting of course) I wanted to get. So We got this for 30% off.


 I of course had to stop in the bargain book section and found these!



Each were on clearance for like 3 bucks! So I was super excited! 

For the first time in an extremely long time I spent over $20 on a pair of shoes! I didn't even spend $20 on my  wedding shoes, mind you they didn't even get $100 out of me for my dress. But my shoes were falling apart and we found a pair that were actually made in the USA! They were also in my size, on clearance! It's like they were made for me! I spent $40 but I got New Balance which are really good, both my inlaws and my mom and her husband swear by them, and they're made right here is the US, which for my husband, is worth the 40 bucks alone! So here they are:



They're very comfortable but the true test is to see how well they wear especially against running after the kids. Well that's what I've been up to. I feel so spoiled right now but I don't get all this much stuff that often. I haven't had new shoes in a year! I feel they are deserved and I can't have my foot hanging out of my shoe while I'm chasing small children! That is all! Tomorrow you guys get my list of 100 books I've read so be ready!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I started doing cables. As I was learning i was determined to do this one particular pattern and I must have tried it, oh, 30 times before I decided it was written wrong! So, I gave the pattern to a friend who returned to to me asap, perfectly done.
    The best advice I can give is to join a local stitch and bitch or go to your local yarn shop and ask one of the old dears to give you a hand. Cables are so easy it's untrue, but trying to figure them out for the first time is torture!

    ReplyDelete