Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New laptop!!

I'm posting this from my new laptop and I can honestly say I think I love it! It's technically a net book but I like it better than I liked my big laptop I got when I started college because it's smaller mostly, but also because it actually works. HAHA! It's tiny enough that I can dang near fit it in my purse!

We had a fairly rough Valentine's day weekend... On Saturday we moved my mom. My older brother, Scott, was going nuts all day and I'm pretty sure he would've ended up throwing or hurting something had my husband not been there to help. After that we went out to dinner for Valentine's. We went to Red Lobster which wasn't too bad, much better than I remembered. Sunday, we both woke up sick and I had to go to work that night. Steve drove me to work so I wouldn't have to deal with the weather on the way home. Well when he went to pull out of our neighborhood the car decided it wanted to go off roading and got stuck in some mud! He got it back out once he got me home in the truck. We also found out Sunday night that we got a virus on one of our desktop computers(we call it the green machine because it all lights up green). We were able to back up the stuff we needed and I scanned the external hard drive that we put it all on and none of the files we backed up were corrupted in any way thank god! So now the green machine is wiped and has windows back on it but we need to find all the drivers for the mother board and such.

In knitting news, I've gotten a few new books and some yarn and such. I got a hank of lace for a cape-let and a random skein of Kaleidescope wool. The kaleidescope is rainbow colored and I LOVE it! I'm going to make the cape-let in a pink. I got two sock knitting books so I'l be able to start learning to sock knit soon! I've actually kind of gotten somewhere on Jim's hat although I should probably concentrate a little harder on Nick's scarf....hehe. Oh and I ordered my stuff from KnitPicks and it has begun the shipping progress and I will post pictures when I get it! Can't wait!

I was able to graph out the pattern for one of my brother-in-law's birthday presents and I got the yarn and pattern for the other one and will start that soon... maybe. We got everything we needed for the sewing machine and Steve will be cutting a hole in the table for it to set in sometime in the next week.

I want to thank my good friend Sadie for mentioning me in her blog and for featuring my daughter as one of her models! Doesn't Riley just look adorable in that big old bow? I'm also stealing another couple of ideas from her but I'll post that later! Time for a grocery store trip and some dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Aww you linked me back! You're so sweet. :) I'm doing a giveaway for one of the bows.. and there's only 1 entry so far LOL. Is it bad when you can't even GIVE stuff away?? Ri does look SO adorable in the modeling pictures. Can't wait til summer when we can put them in tutus and matching bows and take pictures outside. I can picture them already - no pun intended. :)

    Didn't you guys just go grocery shopping the other day? lol. We are going to start making a weekly (or monthly?) menu again. It helped.. a LOT.

    Did you see the bows up on nelliebugs.com yet? Ri is in at least 2 of the pictures.. maybe all of them.. I forget haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if we went grocery shopping the other day or not??? I made a week long dinner menu tonight we'll see what happens...

    ReplyDelete