Thursday, February 25, 2010

Water Only Washing

I have been researching washing my hair without shampoo. There are several different ways listed online. Many include use of baking soda, lemon juice, and vinegar, which Sadie is using. I don't particularly care for the work that seems to go into it. In between making the baking soda mixture, and you have to put it on dry hair and blah blah blah. So I will be using the water only method. There is absolutely no products going into my hair, at all.

Here are some pictures of my hair now:

This is after wearing it in a ponytail for about a week and not washing it, so it's kind of gross feeling. I still took showers and lightly rinsed my hair to get the oils on top that were loose off. I'll post pics in about a week to see how it goes. I've been sort of using no 'poo on my kids as they don't care for getting their hair washed but I would wet it and scrub real good and rinse it. You dump water on their head and they go NUTS!

I'm thinking about cutting down other things as well. I'll tell you what I can come up with. Do you have any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. I think your hair looks pretty good. I've found a problem lately where I'm breaking out on my scalp. Not like big time, but I have two bumps that are driving me nuts. I've heard that tea tree oil helps with breakouts, so I'm looking into it now. The only problem I've found with the no poo is it's a little frizzier (mine's curly-ish, though), and it itches after you don't wash it for 3 days lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANA, YOU HAVE ANOTHER FOLLOWER!!! WOOO HOO!!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana and Sadie - 2 comments on no poo. If you have hard water a water only wash will only result is soap scum build up on your hair (we started that way because the BS routine seemed to much). Sebum (scalp oil) plus hard water = Soap Scum.
    Second Sadie if you are experiencing breakouts you may be using to much BS (try reducing it, I use 3 Tbps to 1 quart of water (boiled)). And check if you have hard water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you... I will have to see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you continue the water only washing? How did it go?

    ReplyDelete