Wednesday, January 20, 2010

7AM??? Really?!?!?!

So normally my kids don't wake up until 9- 9:30. Today my son woke up at 7, he's kind of sick,  and I gave him a  cup of milk and some tylenol to make him feel a little bit better. I was just about to take him back into his room and put him in his bed when my daughter comes to the doorway and says, "Mommy, I already woke up." So I got her out and now it is 7:30 and I'm sitting in the living room watching The Backyardigans. Did I mention my brother-in-law just left about 3 hours ago.

This week we're doing winter clean up, kind of like winter warm up. I've been going through all the stuff We've collected over the past year or so and throwing crap out. We did the kids room yesterday and I got rid of all the little pieces to bigger things that had already broken or that we couldn't find all the pieces to. I was even able to get rid of one of Riley's 3(Yes, 3, not my choice.) castles. And last night after spending all morning cleaning the kids room it was a mess because we moved all the kids toys in there so they of course went rooting through everything. But the good part is that before bedtime I was actually able to get them to clean it back up and put all their toys away.(does happy dance!!!). Riley also let me wash and braid her hair before bed without a fight, so no bruises for Dana. YAY!!

Today I hoping to get the living room done. Steve said something about switching the tv and the couch so we'll see if I can't get him to do it today. Maybe I can even get the Christmas stuff put in the shed. He said he wanted to clean his car but seeing as it's mostly tools it shouldn't take too long and I guess while he's doing that I can knit.

Oh my knitting! So I've been told that I knit into the front loop and purl into the back loop which is apparently backwards from what most people do. I've watched myself knit and I've noticed I do it too but I end up with the same finished product so I don't see a problem and it's comfortable for me anyways. I currently have a few projects on the needles. I have a scarf for my friend Nick. It's the Danica pattern from Knitty.com. That's what I've been working on mostly and I've been doing about a section a day but am hoping to speed up soon. I've also got a dishcloth, a large red and green ball for the kids, and a small brown ball. The brown ball may go to the cat...

I'm hoping I can get through today without dying or passing out.

2 comments:

  1. What about my Achalachia scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocheting is hard.

    I assume knitting (the real way) is too.

    Kudos to you. :)

    OH and let me know if you figure our which one of those sheds out there is ours....?

    ReplyDelete