Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let me introduce myself...

I'm Dana! I've never done this before so you'll have to excuse me. I'm going to try and update this once a day but for now here's a few tidbits of my life. I live in Missouri with 2 kids, a husband, and a god awful cat. My kids are 3 and a half and 18 months old. My husband and I just got married in October 2009, we had dated for about a year and a half before we got married and had known each other for about 4 years before that.

My hobbies include knitting, crocheting, reading, cleaning(not the most favorite) and taking care of my kiddos. I just started knitting within the last year, my friend taught me how to cast on and to do the knit stitch and i continued to teach myself from books and the internet from there. I somehow ended up knitting the reverse way than most people do though and I'll explain that later. I taught myself how to crochet soon after my oldest was born by watching her grandmother crochet. I just watched her do it one day picked up a hook and ran away with it.

Hmmm... I guess I can tell you about some of my favorite things. I'll put these in a list because it's easier this way.

FOOD: Mexican
COLOR: I actually kind of like all colors.
CLOTHING: Sweaters
DRINK: anything with caffeine
MUSIC: Country
CANDY: Reese's
ICE CREAM: Vanilla
COOKIE: Chocolate Chip

I can't really think of anything else right now so ask me if you really want to know.

I don't really drink alcohol. I've never really thought of myself as a "bad girl". I've always been decent kid, listened to my parents and such, minus the getting pregnant at 16 part. I don't tend to regret anything and I try not to hold grudges. I have some of the best friends in the world and am more than proud to call them my friends. Some I even call family. My actual family tends to drive me nuts as I'm sure most do. I'm technically an only child but I have 3 older step brothers and 2 adopted sisters.

Besides crafts and stuff I play video games and a few card games with my husband. We have a PS3, PS2, a NDS for each of us, and are planning on getting a Wii very soon. Not too long ago he taught me how to play the original Dragonball Z trading card game and Magic the Gathering as well.

I am looking to go back to college soon. I was in college for Theatre and Business. I was looking for a concentration in Stage Management in Theatre and a concentration in Management Information Technology in Business. I had gone to SLU but will probably be retuning to somewhere much cheaper when I do return.

I'm going to quit for now though and I'll post tomorrow on my current projects and what happens with my day.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm glad you started a blog, and I hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't really drink alcohol. I've never really thought of myself as a "bad girl". I've always been decent kid, listened to my parents and such, minus the getting pregnant at 16 part." -- lmao I've said that EXACT thing ('cept I was 15).

    ReplyDelete