Friday, January 29, 2010

Broken Camaro and a few new shelves

Steve got the truck licensed yesterday and immediately had a job for it. An old friend had his Camaro break down on him on the other side of St. Louis and needed some help getting it home and us having a truck helped him out. Which took all day yesterday and wasn't accomplished so they came home. They hung out at the house for a bit before Steve's friend fell asleep because he works nights and hadn't been asleep in nearly 24 hours. So bright and early this morning they went and tried again and got it this time.

While Steve was busy with that I was at my neighbor's helping her with her project. She wanted to make shelves for her room and her kids room but wasn't exactly sure how to go about it. So we went to Home Depot and got all of the supplies for two shelves which came out to around $15. When we got home she sanded the wood down and painted one of the shelves and we installed the "L" brackets and knocked around on the walls to find some studs(many jokes were made, in between studs and screws and wood, we just couldn't help ourselves). We screwed the shelves onto the wall where they would be anchored on studs. I think the most fun of the entire day was joking about the fact that she got the screws from my husband and she's a lesbian. Eh well.

I found out that another cousin of mine is having a baby in 9 months so I'm making them a few things. I found a few really cute things and they wanted neutral colors so I already had the yarn in my stash. I also found a cool bag for my longer knitting needles because it's long and skinny. I asked Steve the other night if when we got taxes back I could spend around $80 on knitting stuff and he said YES!!! So I've been on KnitPicks because that's where I decided I wanted to get my stuff from and I figured out what I wanted to get. But you'll have to wait until I get my package in the mail to find out what! I'll even post pictures for you! I'm very very excited.

All in all it's been a pretty busy last few days here but I wouldn't have it any other way! I think I'll start on that baby blanket now so I have one baby's stuff done and can concentrate on the other baby's stuff when we find out the sex.!

1 comment:

  1. We have been super busy this week, haven't we!? Between all the hard wood, screwing, and studs... haha. That was fun, though. I want to make some more shelves, they were simple enough. I was at my mom's all day sewing. I made Rach a patchwork scarf! You'll have to come up and see it soon. I have a headache -- the kids are being absolutely horrible. I am running low on soap.. guess I need to start making some more lol. Hope you're having fun at the in-laws. Can't WAIT to see what yarn you get.. I just ordered like $120 in tulle because I got FOUR tutu orders this weekend. Yay :)

    ReplyDelete